Making a complaint about EHU
Citizens Advice Scotland and the Extra Help Unit is fully committed to providing an effective and professional complaint handling service to energy consumers across Great Britain. However, if you feel dissatisfied with the service you have received from our Extra Help Unit (EHU) or with the way that we have handled your complaint with your service provider we would like to hear from you.
All complaints about the EHU are taken seriously and will be acknowledged within five working days. You will normally receive a full written response within 15 working days. Where investigations are taking longer than anticipated, we will keep you informed of developments. Any urgent issues relating to disconnection or threats of disconnection will be dealt with immediately.
By telephone: The EHU telephone number is contained within your EHU casework correspondence
By post: 5th Floor Tara House, 46 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 1HG
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The two stages of our complaints process are outlined below:
- Contact a Team Manager by telephone, e-mail or post explaining why you are not satisfied with the service from the EHU. Your complaint will be acknowledged within five working days
- Team Manager conducts a full review of how the case has been handled, contacting the service provider where required, ensuring all issues have been covered
- If you wish to speak to a Team Manager who is not available we aim to return the call at a suitable time for both parties within 48 hours.
- Team Manager will write to you providing detail on the findings of their review within 15 working days of the complaint being received. Sometimes cases can take longer to resolve due to the complexity of the issues and if this is the case, the Team Manager will keep you informed.
- If you remain unhappy after the Stage 1 review you can ask for the complaint to be escalated to the Head of the Extra Help Unit.
- Consumers cannot move to Stage 2 until the Team Manager has completed their review.
Head of EHU
- Explain to the Head of the EHU by telephone, e-mail or post why you are not satisfied with the review carried out at Stage 1. Your complaint will be acknowledged within five working days.
- Head of EHU conducts a further review of how the case has been handled within the EHU, contacting the service provider if required.
- During this process, the Head of EHU may provide you with a named contact to provide on-going support on the specifics of the complaint with the service provider.
- Head of EHU writes to you providing detail on the findings of the review within 15 working days. If this process takes longer, you will be kept informed.
- Stage 2 is the final stage for any investigation into the detail of the case and the complaint against the service provider