How to get advice
If you are looking for advice regarding an energy related problem:
- You’ll find advice and information on the Citizens Advice website
- If you're in Scotland, visit the Scottish version of the site
If you feel you need more help to resolve your energy issue:
- Contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline on 03454 04 05 06
- If you’d prefer to see someone locally, search for your local CAB to see the full range of services it provides
- If you're in Scotland, search for your local CAB on the Scottish version of the site
How to reach the Extra Help Unit
The Extra Help Unit does not take referrals directly from members of the public. The main referral route is through the Citizens Advice Consumer Service.
Citizens Advice Consumer Service:
- 03454 04 05 06 Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
- Or submit an online enquiry
The Citizens Advice Consumer Service can provide advice on how to resolve your energy problem. If your energy problem is complex or you are in a vulnerable situation your case may then be referred onto the Extra Help Unit.
If your energy problem is urgent, for example your energy supply is about to be cut off or you are already without supply, the Citizens Advice Consumer Service will usually transfer your call directly to the Extra Help Unit.
Ombudsman Services: Energy
The Energy Ombudsman is an alternative route that may be taken if you have an energy complaint. The Energy Ombudsman independently resolves complaints between consumers and companies.
If you contact the Energy Ombudsman, please let them know if you have any additional requirements or communications needs which they need to be aware of when dealing with your complaint.
Anytime someone has any problem with an energy supply, I'll point them to Citizens Advice to get in touch with the Extra Help Unit. Given the stress my problem caused me, for them to sort it out in such a short period is amazing.